I came across this article recently dealing with the limiting of WiFi Radiation in the First Public School District in the U.S. I found it on the Environmental Health Trust web site http://ehtrust.org/. According to Environmental Health Trust, Ashland, Massachusetts Public Schools have implemented WiFi Device “Best Practices” which include turning the WiFi off when not in use and keeping devices on a table.
Based on its own review of the matter, the Ashland Public School District is reducing wireless radiation exposures to children by instituting district wide “best practices for mobile devices”. Prompted by parent Cecelia Doucette’s concerns about the lack of safety data on WiFi and children, the district investigated the issue and developed a policy to substantially reduce wireless exposures to students and staff. Doucette not only brought the issue to the district’s attention, but then also worked with state legislatures who introduced two bills concerning electromagnetic radiation this session.
Since wireless devices are constantly emitting radiation even when the user is not using the Internet, the instruction to “turn it off when not in use ” stops the WiFi antennas from continuously emitting radiation and is one simple way to reduce the radiation dose and exposure time for children and staff.
The Ashland School district posted instructions for “Best Practices” in every classroom and include:
– Turn off the device when not in use
– Turn WiFi on only when needed
– Always place the mobile device on a solid surface – instead of your lap
– Viewing distance should be a minimum of 12 inches from the screen
– Specific product information guides are available through the IT department
– We ask that staff members regularly remind and instruct students in using best practices in regards to mobile devices
Keep laptop 12 inches away
Ashland’s Best Practice of “keeping the device on a table” and no closer than a 12 inch viewing distance is critically important. Laptops and tablets have fine print warnings buried in their manuals specifically stating that the laptop should be at least 8 inches away from the user so that the user is not exposed to radiation levels that exceed as-tested FCC levels. If a device is used on a lap, as is common practice, the student could receive radiation levels far exceeding FCC limits. FCC limits are set to prevent the radiation from heating the brain and body but are not set to avoid chronic impacts on the developing nervous system or reproductive organs.
Many are unaware of FCC fine print advisories in the manuals of every wireless device confirming as-tested distances set to avoid heating. Cell phones, laptops and even baby monitors have these specific instructions in their product information guides. By referring to the product information guides, Ashland Public Schools are informing people about the need to keep a distance between the device and our bodies. As a public service, Environmental Health Trust (EHT) has compiled these fine print warnings on their website http://www.showthefineprint.org/.
Baby Monitors can be extremely dangerous
It is important to note that even if users comply with these FCC recommended distances as stated in the device manual, accumulating research shows that biological damage can occur from wireless radiation levels far lower than these FCC levels. FCC limits are only set to protect people from heating harm and do not address non-thermal effects.
This ground breaking policy action by the Massachusetts school district is indicative of the wave of parents raising concerns about WiFi across the country. Ashland, Massachusetts parent Cecelia Doucette wrote an article in Ashland Local Town Pages about these new best practices. News and print media have picked the issue up after Massachusetts parents filed a lawsuit against a private boarding school alleging the school did not accommodate their 12-year-old child’s diagnosed debilitating sensitivity to the school’s WiFi system.
Ashland is the first US public school to create such policy on wireless transmitting devices. However, this US Massachusetts school district now joins dozens of schools and governments that have already implemented even more stringent measures to reduce wireless exposure to children. For example, Israel and France have banned WiFi in kindergarten. The European Union recommends wired Internet rather than wireless in schools.
“Right To Know” efforts by local governments are also moving across the United States. A judge just upheld Berkeley’s new “Cell Phone Right To Know” Ordinance which requires cell phone sellers to tell customers about these FCC radio frequency radiation distances.
Suffolk County in New York voted to label wireless routers in all public buildings including schools. The US United Federation of Teachers Union now hosts a webpage on how to reduce exposures to protect pregnant women, other staff members and students.
I would go even farther. With a cell phone, iPad, Tablet or Kindle, when reading make sure the Airplane mode is ON and WiFi & Bluetooth are OFF. Note: you won’t be able to receive any voice, text or data in this mode – but if you are reading you probably don’t want to be disturbed.
WiFi / Wireless Meter
I would also recommend a survey of your home and office with a meter to make sure cordless phones or WiFi printers (just to name a couple) are not polluting your environment. The Acousticom 2 is a great meter to do this with. https://stopdirtyelectricity.com/wirelessrf/
Baby Monitors can be extremely dangerous
Modern Baby Monitors can be just as dangerous as Smart Phones or Cordless Phones.
There are two parts to a Baby Monitor:
The unit that is next to the Baby’s head and the unit that is near the Parent.
Some Baby Monitors just transmit sounds and videos of the baby and others allow the parent to speak to the Baby.
Both can be very devastating. Some report that a wireless baby monitor less than 39 inches from a baby’s crib is roughly equivalent to the microwave radiation emitted from a cell tower less than 200 yards away.
When we have measured Baby Monitors, the worst Baby Monitor is over 120 times the safe level.
In the videos, we have used a Wireless / WiFi meter to show where a safe distance for the unit next to the baby. After moving a distance of 30 feet, we were still not at a safe distance for one specific Baby Monitor.
This Baby Monitor was a DECT model which is now a technology that is used in Cordless Phones. Most DECT units constantly produce radiation – even if the baby is not making any noise.
On this Baby Monitor, even the parental unit puts out harmful radiation. In a video testing the parental unit, we again were not at a safe distance of over 30 feet.
This parental unit is often worn by a parent because it has a belt clip or is kept on the night stand – right next to the parent’s head. These parental units also use the DECT technology which is very harmful.
We tested another Baby Monitor that was a lot better and did not use the DECT technology. The unit by the Baby’s head was a lot less harmful radiation – but it could still not be right next to the Baby’s head. The parental unit of this Baby Monitor was less harmful and could be a lot closer to the parent. The only way to be sure is to use a Wireless / WiFi meter to test for the levels of radiation produced by Baby Monitors.
There are very easy Wireless / WiFi meters to test Baby Monitors that only use LED lights.
– Green LED’s is safe for Sleeping areas
– Yellow LED’s is safe for Non-Sleeping areas
– Amber LED’s is not safe for any areas and is up to 20 times over the safe level
– Red LED’s is not safe for any areas and is up to 120 times over the safe level.
The only way to be absolutely sure of the safety of your baby or grand baby is to measure with a Wireless / WiFi meter.
WiFi / Wireless Meter
If you have any questions, please watch the videos testing each unit of the Baby Monitors.
The Wireless / WiFi meter can also be used for cell phones, cordless phones, iPads, Tablets, Kindle, wireless routers, wireless printers, Bluetooth devices, wireless game consoles – any device that uses Wireless / WiFi technology.
Note: Any electronic devices that have the capability of using Wireless / WiFi technology are normally not turned off if they are hardwired.
Only a Wireless / WiFi meter can determine this.
Normally if you hardwire an electronic device, the Wireless / WiFi can be turned off. Also, a good principle to follow, is whenever an electronic device is not being used, just turn it off. This will eliminate all the Wireless /WiFi radiation.
France Bans WiFi in Nursery Schools & Day Care
What does France know that WE don’t want to believe?
In an extraordinary move, France recently passed a bill that limits WiFi exposure for children and everyone else.
On January 29, 2015, the French National Assembly made history by passing a new national law to reduce exposures to wireless radiation electromagnetic fields.
The bill includes 14 major points that should raise concern about the safety of our children.
The article might be a bit long, but well worth the read.
Here it is. Go to the bottom for my comments.
Professor Annie Sasco, MD, DSc former Cancer Prevention Chief of the International Agency for Research on Cancer and a distinguished science adviser to Environmental Health Trust has this report about France’s new national law regulating electromagnetic field exposure.
1. WiFi Banned in Nursery Schools: WIFI and Wireless devices will be banned in “the spaces dedicated to home, to rest and activities of children under 3 years”.
2. WiFi Minimized in Schools: In schools for children up to 11 years, WiFi routers should be turned off when not in use for teaching purposes.
3. Schools Will be Informed: The board of the school should be informed when any new tech equipment is being installed in schools.
4. Cell Tower Emission Compliance Will Be Verified: A decree will define the limits of emission of equipment for electronic communications or transmission to which the public is exposed. These values can be verified by accredited organizations and results will be made accessible to the public through a National Radio Frequency Agency.
5. Citizens Will Have Access to Environmental/Cell Tower Radiation Measurements Near homes: Every resident may get access to the results of measurements for their living space. Conditions of information of the public as well as involvement of the local authorities are specified as are the steps to follow in case of disagreement.
6. Cell Antenna Maps For the Country: A description and map of the places with atypical (higher than the limits) places will be conducted at regular intervals with follow up of the actions being taken to limit the exposure. A map of all antennas will be produced for each town.
7. Continued Evaluation of Health Effects: The National Radiofrequence Agency will be in charge of surveillance and vigilance, evaluating potential risks and setting up scientific research, including information on health effects.
8. SAR Radiation Labeling Mandated: The SAR of cell phones must be clearly indicated on the package.
9. Information on Reducing Exposures Mandatory: Information on ways to reduce exposure will be detailed in the contents of the cell phone package. .
10. WiFi Hotspots will be Labeled: Places where WIFI is provided should be clearly marked with a pictogram.
11. Advertisements Must Recommend Devices That Reduce Radiation Exposure to the Brain: Advertising for cell phones should clearly indicate the recommendation of hand free kits for protection of the head of the user and it will be included in the package. Advertising for cell phone not accompanied by such a kit is forbidden. Companies in violation will be fined 75,000 Euros ($83,850 US).
12. Children Must Be Provided Protection: At the request of the buyer, equipment reducing cell phone radiation exposures to the head for children less than 14 years should be provided.
13. The Public Will Be Informed: Within a year, a policy of information on awareness and information on a responsible and reasonable use of cell phones and other apparatus emitting radio frequencies will be set up.
14. Electrohyper-sensitivity Report To Be Submitted: Within a year, a report on electrohyper-sensitivity must be given to the Parliament.
I don’t know where to start.
We must take steps to protect our children from harmful radiation exposure whether or not the government or industries recognize the danger.
France has taken the first steps to reducing their Electromagnetic Radiation and improve their health. The updated Bioinitiative Report of 2012,
has over 3,900 scientific articles and papers which support what France has done.
There are many things you can do right now to reduce exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation and we would love to help you do that.
The Cadwallader Protocol was specifically designed with YOU in mind, to train and empower YOU to take control of this largely neglected health issue.
Check out our Do It Yourself Video Package or contact us regarding Professional Packages:
Hey, this is Bill Cadwallader with StopDirtyElectricity.com.
I have many things to chat with you about Electromagnetic Radiation.
You say, what is Electromagnetic Radiation?
This harmful radiation is caused by our modern day lifestyle and the myriad of electronics that surround us today.
We will be discussing the sources of this radiation and how you, in most cases, can reduce over 90% of this radiation by taking some simple, easy-to-do steps to protect your home, family, kids, environment and yes, even your pets – please don’t forget your pets.
Before I forget, if you have not received my free report on
10 Things You can do NOW to Minimize Radiation Exposure in your HOME
Please do that now – it’s on the Home Page right below the Welcome Video:
So stay tuned. If you find it helpful, please share this with your friends.
The first radiation is Electric.
This Electric Radiation is now present in almost all homes. A major source of Electric Radiation is the wiring in your walls and any visible wires.We can reduce the effect of this radiation with a few, easy steps.
Recently we did an home audit for a couple where the man was very skeptical.
When I followed up with the wife a few days later, she had to admit, she had the best night’s sleep – in as long as she could remember! The next time I spoke with her, her husband – you remember the skeptic – had to admit, he couldn’t remember when he had slept so well.
Boy, am I happy to hear this common result again, and again.
Another type is Magnetic Radiation.
Magnetic Radiation is produced any time electricity is flowing through a wire.
Many articles have been written about Magnetic Radiation and the effects are normally reduced just by moving 2 to 6 feet away.
A third type of radiation is Wireless / WiFi / RF radiation. This is caused by many modern electronics like cell phones, tablets, baby monitors, cell towers, etc.
If you’re not using a wireless electronic device then just turn it off or put it into airplane mode turned ON and Bluetooth & WiFi turned OFF.
The free report –
10 Things You can do NOW to Minimize Radiation Exposure in your HOME
- deals with quick and easy ways to reduce your exposure to Wireless / WiFi / RF radiation.
Finally, the 4th type of Electromagnetic Radiation is termed Dirty Electricity.
It is sad, but La Quinta Middle School had off-the-chart high Dirty Electricity levels. Unfortunately, 16 teachers had 18 cancers at the school and several have died.
I know one teacher personally, she said the very day she started, she found out that one teacher had died of cancer and 2 others had cancer. After teaching there for 3 years, she realized nothing was going to be done and she moved on to a different school.
And if that is not bad enough, at last count, we know up to 37 students attending that school who developed cancer starting in their 20’s – with one student at age 15.
We will be discussing all of these radiations and how to get rid of them on this site.
Thanks again for finding the Website
And if you find it helpful, again please share these blogs with friends and relatives.
Hope to hear your own comments when you begin to follow these tips.