Electronics, Light and the Science of Sleep
There is robust scientific data documenting the role of light in promoting wakefulness. Photoreceptors in the retina sense light and dark, signaling our brain about the status of the outside world and aligning our circadian rhythms (centered in a small region of the hypothalamus called the suprachiasmatic nucleus) to the external day-night cycle. This signaling of light and dark helps us to be alert in the morning and be able to fall asleep at the appropriate time at night. The power of light as an alerting agent is easily conceptualized when we think of the sun, but may be more difficult to appreciate when considering the light emitted from a tablet or smartphone.
Nonetheless, careful studies have shown that even our small electronic devices emit sufficient light to miscue the brain and promote wakefulness. As adults we are subject to these influences and our children are particularly susceptible.
Children, Electronics and Sleep
The increasing prevalence of electronics in children’s bedrooms creates a culture of evening engagement and light exposure that negatively impacts sleep time, sleep quality and daytime alertness. Literature shows that:
- Children using electronic media as a sleep aid to relax at night have been shown to have later weekday bedtimes, experience fewer hours of sleep per week and report more daytime sleepiness.
- Adolescents with a bedroom television have later bedtimes, more difficulty initiating sleep and shorter total sleep times.
- Texting and emailing after lights outs, even once per week, dramatically increases self-reported daytime sleepiness among teens.
- Not all electronic usage is recreational as the burden of homework is great for many of our children and their work is often completed on the computer, a significant light source late in the evening.
- Increased academic demands, busy social and extracurricular schedules and the lure of entertainment conspire to keep our children electronically engaged at night.
Many children are not fulfilling basic sleep requirements and adequate sleep is essential for growth, learning, mood, creativity and weight control. Understanding the influence of light and evening engagement on sleep is the first step in helping parents address the dilemma of electronics in the bedroom.
Around here we’re usually sharing some other brilliant people’s articles and research. But it’s worth mentioning again that we also have an amazing resource, and if you haven’t read it yet, it’s well worth the read. And it could save your life.
“Electromagnetic radiation is the tobacco of our digital age. And, like tobacco, it can KILL you.”
-Bill Cadwallader MBA, EMRS
Want to know more?
Buy the book EXPOSED: The Electronic Sickening of America And How To Protect Yourself here: https://amzn.to/2EsTMUR
#StopDirtyElectricity #EMRS #EMF #Popart #Radiation #Digitalage#123RF
“Yes, that line is from a song by Sting. And I don’t really know if it’s true although it probably is.
What I do know to be true is that the Russians are doing far more than we are to protect their children from the dangers of cell phone radiation and electromagnetic pollution. This includes legislation to protect children and their developing organisms and the bioelectric processes and that a national study should be funded to determine the possible health effects of chronic EMF exposure on the developing brain.
Electromagnetic Radiation And Children
You are exposed to EMR, electromagnetic radiation that you are not even aware of. Charlie Teo, a preeminent neurosurgeon, specializes in children’s brains and Charlie is at the cutting edge, literally, of a 21% increase in children’s brain tumors…”
Coincidence? You decide. Check out the rest of the article here.
#StopDirtyElectricity #EMF #Russia #Russian #PopArt #Children
A new, “digital toxin” has arrived.
You’re bathed in it 24/7.
And it’s not going away anytime soon.
Experts are saying it’s causing symptoms of premature aging, including memory loss, inflammation and even cancer.
You know what I’m talking about.
EMFs, electromagnetic fields, cell phone radiation, smart meter radiation, WiFi, dirty electricity…. it goes under so many names.
Yet all too few people are aware of it.
And even fewer know what to do to protect themselves.
That’s why I’m excited to be speaking at the EMF Health Summit.
At the summit you will hear from 34 world leading experts who are also passionate.
I’ll be sharing ‘Why EMF’s are the Tobacco of the Digital Age: Strategies for Minimizing Your Exposure.
What You’ll Learn –
- 4 reasons you must avoid energy efficient lighting and how to safely light your home instead
- 7 step process to enjoy vibrant health by effectively dealing with EMFs in your environment
- 4 ways to protect yourself from the cancer inducing electric radiation found in most homes
Other guests include:
- Oram Miller, BBEC, EMRS: 5G is Coming and What YOU Can Do About It NOW
- David Carpenter, MD, Harvard-trained physician: EMF Science: Simple Steps to Safeguard your Health
- Jack Kruse, MD and neurosurgeon: The Inconvenient Truth: What Happens Every Time You Put a Cell Phone Against Your Head
- Ann Louise Gittleman, PhD, CNS: Eat To Beat EMFs: Practical Tips On How To Fortify Your System
- Daniel Pompa, PSc.D: Accelerating Cellular Regeneration – How to Protect Yourself from EMFs
- Zach Bush, MD: Restore Intercellular Communication: The Road To Health
EMF Quiet Zones: USA and Worldwide
EMF-free communities are springing up in EMF Quiet Zones — areas of low, (ideally zero) electrosmog — across the world as the numbers of people becoming aware of their increasing electrosensitivity is growing.
Symptoms of electrosensitivity can include insomnia, anxiety, vision problems, headaches, extreme thirst, night sweats, fatigue, memory and concentration problems and other symptoms.
Electrosensitivity (EHS) and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) frequently are found together, and so they are generally compatible community neighbors who retreat to EMF Quiet Zones from the advance of the ever expanding onslaught of environmental pollutants, including the invisible pollution of radio wave technology, such as cell tower radiation, WiFi , etc., Although many EHS and MCS sufferers tend to keep a low-tech low profile out of necessity, here are a few of the more media/internet visible communities that invite contact.
Full article here including map of EMF quiet zones http:/https://emfrefugee.blogspot.com/2019/02/emf-quiet-zones-communities-free-from.html?fbclid=IwAR0etbDgWoN3YRS8hI-jOnuN9t1A5cXSOPBt3CnmKa0gMXhM-QzKWuU5gOU