We’ve talked about it before,
We’ll talk about it again. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT:
“MEN’S REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH: CELL PHONES, SPERM AND FERTILITY
A 2017 analysis of over 40, 000 men in 50 countries found a 52.4% sperm decline in men from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Environmental exposures from plastics to chemicals to cell phone and Wi-Fi radiation are likely an important reason for this decline. Animal studies in female animals have found impacts to ovaries and the female reproductive system as well.
Consistent evidence from experimental research, epidemiological studies and in vitro (cells) laboratory, and in vivo (animal) studies shows that the radio frequency radiation exposure from wireless devices is associated with men’s reproductive health issues including:
Reduced sperm count
Reduced sperm motility and concentration
Damaged sperm DNA
Altered sperm cell structure
Increased erectile dysfunction…
Many of us are spending more time at home right now, and thinking about health, so this is the perfect time to make your home healthier!
● Do you crave more energy, optimal health and abundance in life?
● Are you feeling lethargic, low energy, headaches, low libido, allergies, brain fog and just not feeling well?
● Are you, or someone you know, suffering from a “mysterious illness” struggling with feeling “sick,” alone, not validated or unsure about what’s next?
● Have you gone from doctor to doctor, spent so much time and money on medical tests, but all the results showed “NORMAL” only come home with drugs and no solution for the cause of your illness?
● Do you want to know where toxins are coming from, how they affect your health and how to safely detox from them?
● Are your relationships getting hurt because of the way you feel?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then I would love for you to join me in the first-ever “The Healthy Home Show” series hosted by Eric and Fernanda Firman. Fernanda is a Healthy Home Architect and Eric is a Healthy Home Contractor on a mission to bring YOU all of the knowledge, information, tips, tricks & tools that they didn’t have during their own healing journey.
They hand-picked 20+ experts to share How to Create a Healthy Home. Find, remove/reduce and safely detox from hidden toxin exposure in your home and life.
Join us here: The Healthy Home Show
Electronics, Light and the Science of Sleep
There is robust scientific data documenting the role of light in promoting wakefulness. Photoreceptors in the retina sense light and dark, signaling our brain about the status of the outside world and aligning our circadian rhythms (centered in a small region of the hypothalamus called the suprachiasmatic nucleus) to the external day-night cycle. This signaling of light and dark helps us to be alert in the morning and be able to fall asleep at the appropriate time at night. The power of light as an alerting agent is easily conceptualized when we think of the sun, but may be more difficult to appreciate when considering the light emitted from a tablet or smartphone.
Nonetheless, careful studies have shown that even our small electronic devices emit sufficient light to miscue the brain and promote wakefulness. As adults we are subject to these influences and our children are particularly susceptible.
Children, Electronics and Sleep
The increasing prevalence of electronics in children’s bedrooms creates a culture of evening engagement and light exposure that negatively impacts sleep time, sleep quality and daytime alertness. Literature shows that:
- Children using electronic media as a sleep aid to relax at night have been shown to have later weekday bedtimes, experience fewer hours of sleep per week and report more daytime sleepiness.
- Adolescents with a bedroom television have later bedtimes, more difficulty initiating sleep and shorter total sleep times.
- Texting and emailing after lights outs, even once per week, dramatically increases self-reported daytime sleepiness among teens.
- Not all electronic usage is recreational as the burden of homework is great for many of our children and their work is often completed on the computer, a significant light source late in the evening.
- Increased academic demands, busy social and extracurricular schedules and the lure of entertainment conspire to keep our children electronically engaged at night.
Many children are not fulfilling basic sleep requirements and adequate sleep is essential for growth, learning, mood, creativity and weight control. Understanding the influence of light and evening engagement on sleep is the first step in helping parents address the dilemma of electronics in the bedroom.
Enact the “Cell Phone Right-to-Know” Law in Your Community!
Yesterday, the U.S. Supreme Court let stand the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision to uphold the City of Berkeley, California’s “Cell Phone Right-to-Know” law. This law requires mobile phone retailers to warn consumers at the point of sale that carrying mobile phones in pockets and bras could present radiation health risks.
Today, send this sample municipal law to your town, city or county elected officials:
SAMPLE CELL PHONE RIGHT-TO-KNOW LAW
The (town, city or county) of ______________ requires that you be provided the following notice:
“To assure safety, the Federal Government requires that cell phones meet radio-frequency (RF) exposure guidelines. If you carry or use your phone in a pants or shirt pocket or tucked into a bra when the phone is ON and connected to a wireless network, you may exceed the federal safety guidelines for exposure to RF radiation.
Refer to the instructions in your phone or user manual for information about how to use your phone safely.”
Berkley California: (Where some notable revolutions and thinking has come from) passed The Berkeley Cell Phone Right To Know city ordinance, requiring sellers to inform customers that keeping a device in a pocket or bra could lead to radiation exposure that exceeds federal guidelines.
For years, cell-phone manufacturers have vigorously resisted state and local government attempts to require warning signs about radiation exposure even though their own user manuals advise caution about carrying or holding the phone close to your body while it’s transmitting. These warnings are buried deep in the tiny print of cell phone manuals…
Intrigued? Check out the rest of the story here